Author Topic: Order processing time  (Read 3068 times)

vmlinuz

• View Profile
Order processing time
« on: October 21, 2021, 06:11:12 pm »
Hello all,

My name is Dave and I am a newcomer to the Talos community. I'm not as much a security freak as I am an exotic hardware enthusiast; I just ordered a Talos II kit with dual quad-core POWER9v2 CPU's and the 8-port SATA controller. Does anyone know how long it generally takes to process such an order these days?

Looking forward to receiving my components so I can start building! :D

vmlinuz

• View Profile
Re: Order processing time
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 11:55:22 pm »
Side note: United States Federal regulations require most items ordered online to ship in 30 days unless a longer time is specified or the item is listed as out of stock/backordered, or else the seller has to take action or face a chargeback. I suppose that places a handy upper bound on it, but I hope it doesn't take that long - everything I ordered was listed as full production or in stock at the time of ordering. Let's hope it doesn't come to this:

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/mail-internet-or-telephone-order
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/what-do-if-youre-billed-things-you-never-got-or-you-get-unordered-products

Not to be a downer of course, this is good to know in any situation where you are ordering something online, especially considering the sorry state of the U.S. supply chain and online retailers like Chinamazon...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 12:19:45 am by vmlinuz »

chatcannon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 01:41:10 pm »
I ordered a motherboard + CPU set just over a month ago. It shipped within a week of payment clearing, but got stuck in customs for two weeks. If you are inside the US then you won't have to deal with customs of course.

vmlinuz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 02:17:32 pm »
Wonderful, thank you!

ClassicHasClass

• Talospace Earth Orbit
    • View Profile
    • Floodgap
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 07:25:55 pm »
It's US to US, so if it's in stock my experience is they've been good with getting it out (three systems here).

vmlinuz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 07:44:33 pm »
It's US to US, so if it's in stock my experience is they've been good with getting it out (three systems here).
Are "Full Production" and "In Stock" the same thing? It didn't say "Backordered" so it should probably ship some time next week, hopefully.

ClassicHasClass

• Talospace Earth Orbit
    • View Profile
    • Floodgap
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 07:55:19 pm »
No, though they're both good signs. In Stock means they literally have it in the warehouse right now, in a box, ready to go. Full Production means they're being made now (not merely to order) and will be in the warehouse.

vmlinuz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 08:03:54 pm »
No, though they're both good signs. In Stock means they literally have it in the warehouse right now, in a box, ready to go. Full Production means they're being made now (not merely to order) and will be in the warehouse.
So how long do you think I have to wait until it's ready? Weeks? Months? I would like to have it before the RMA period ends so I can make sure it works.

ClassicHasClass

• Talospace Earth Orbit
    • View Profile
    • Floodgap
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2021, 06:11:09 pm »
Probably weeks or less though I don't know for certain. However, from personal experience, they don't start the RMA clock until it actually ships, so don't worry about it being out of warranty by the time you get it.

Borley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 02:09:48 pm »
I ordered a board last November and still have no idea if or when I will receive it, however the part was listed as Backordered. It's just killing me because my main board has been unusable after a personal blunder.
Blackbird C1P9S01, CPU 02CY650, 2x 8GB 2666 RAM, 1024GB M.2 SSD, AMD RX 560X, 2U heatsink, 500W SFX PSU, Debian 11

vmlinuz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2021, 08:19:08 pm »
I ordered a board last November and still have no idea if or when I will receive it, however the part was listed as Backordered. It's just killing me because my main board has been unusable after a personal blunder.
I'm pretty sure they are focusing on dual-socket production right now due to the pandemic economy - the Blackbird board has been backordered for over a year now.

vmlinuz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 03:35:59 pm »
It has now been just over a week since I ordered; can't get a hold of Raptor on the phone, on social media or by email. Considering what I paid for it, I wish they did a better job of looking out for their paying customers.

UPDATE: Never mind, I got a reply on Twitter, the 8xSATA controllers are out of stock likely until November. Thank you, Raptor Computing Systems, for your prompt response, and I apologize for my impatience ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 03:26:14 pm by vmlinuz »

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 04:12:02 pm »
On Twitter, you always get an answer very quickly.
Funnily I just noticed that the Talos-II lite is on backorder, too.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 04:19:38 pm by MPC7500 »

Borley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 09:58:32 pm »
And also an update on Blackbirds recently https://twitter.com/RaptorCompSys/status/1454158996261253125
Blackbird C1P9S01, CPU 02CY650, 2x 8GB 2666 RAM, 1024GB M.2 SSD, AMD RX 560X, 2U heatsink, 500W SFX PSU, Debian 11

vmlinuz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2021, 12:14:02 am »
Very promising signs of life from Raptor after they mysteriously fell asleep for most of October.