Software > User Zone

Graphics Card install

<< < (27/28) > >>

ClassicHasClass:
After all that, what did you do to fix it?

MauryG5:
And hello Classic, happy new year, I installed the Kernel 5.4.0.2 ready, then I put the Xorg file that gave me MPC which was correct compared to mine and the graphics card started.  My problem was apparently that I deleted the comments in the Xorg file that should be left instead.  I thought that they only served to make you understand how to correctly compile the file and instead I was wrong.  If you need I place the Xorg file that I put to make the card work.  Kernel 5.4.0.2 is what Merklot posted on page 5 of this discussion and should be very similar to that posted by his friend kmarek whom I also thank for his valuable collaboration.  Now I have to solve the problem of the sound card but I have the impression that I will have to wait for them because nobody seems to know anything unfortunately ...

MPC7500:
The comments wasn't the problem. Comments are only comments.

MauryG5:
YES there will be maybe also the wording of the drivers which was not exact but consider that I got the wording exactly from the output of the grep command | VGA and I reported it on the Xorg file. The PCI bus was correct, I had put 3 too, Raptor had corrected it when I showed him the file. Other I do not know what could have been wrong. In any case we have solved and thank MPC and all for the collaboration. Sew one day Merklort returns to answer I will ask him why, according to him, despite the procedure I was successful on the other hardisk, I still don't have the kernel installed with the path ... It is very strange because when I installed everything that was missing from the system and compiled and installed the kernel correctly from what I saw, I don't understand there must be something in the last few steps that must be reviewed ...

MauryG5:
Sorry guys, now that we have the modified Kernel, when the official updates of Fedora or any other system arrive, those of the Kernel will also arrive, Fedora are among those that update the most kernels. How should one behave at this point? Updating directly could annoy our modified Kernel, I suppose, so what should we do in this case?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version