Software > User Zone

Graphics Card install

(1/28) > >>

MauryG5:
Hi everyone, I would like to use my graphics card on my Blackbird system but I didn't understand some passages. They tell me to take the files with the .BIN extension and put them in / lib / firmware / amdgpu but the problem is that I don't know where to take this line or directory, I didn't understand what the / lib / firmware / amdgpu line is exactly, how to put all the .BIN files downloaded. Does anyone know how to proceed? Thanks

nglevin:
I don't really know what you're working with, where you are or what instructions you're following. I am also not an expert on this subject. However, with help from the IRC channel, I do have an AMD GPU working with my Blackbird. To help everyone:

Which walkthrough/instructions are you following? Link?

Which distro of Linux are you using? (Typically the Linux distro will have a set of packages available with GPU drivers that you can set up, which can save you significant work in getting that part set up, or at least get you 90% of the way there. Some like Debian will separate that package from the default set of package repositories, as Debian does with "non-free" packages.)

Are you comfortable with using gnome-terminal or xterm?

MauryG5:
Hi, thanks for the reply, I'm using Fedora 31, recognize my AMD 5700 XT Navi 10 card, I just have to activate it and make it work because at the moment I still haven't managed to make it work and I still have to use the Blackbird HDMI video output . As an ambitious use of GNOME and I like it a lot, I am very well. Raptor told me to take the binaries that are currently related to my GPU and put them all in lib / firmware / amdgpu, only I don't know where to find this path, I didn't understand how to do ...

madscientist159:
In situations like this it can also be helpful to post dmesg output from the failed driver load, if you can get it.  Most Linux drivers are pretty clear about what firmware file(s) they are missing for the installed hardware, and that can help people here figure out the proper instructions.

kmarek:
linux-firmware on Fedora 31 has navi10 .bin files. You're likely not missing firmware files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version