Author Topic: for sale: two workstations, Talos II dual CPU / Radeon RX580 8GB  (Read 755 times)

pocock

• View Profile

Hi all,

My Talos II systems have worked very well for a number of years

I recently had some experiences with BIOS updates on hardware from another vendor.  The vendor requires people to have accounts, support contracts and running a specific operating system to run some utilities.  As the hardware had a very old BIOS firmware it couldn't update directly to the current version.  It was a huge hassle and it reminded me of the benefits of having things like petitboot and open source BIOS code.

Nonetheless, it feels foolish for me to spend time testing the platform and creating patches when some people are undermining collaboration in larger Linux distributions.

With that in mind I'm looking to sell the two workstations.  I will probably spend more of my time on other areas of open source.  By purchasing the workstations, you are indirectly supporting my work in other areas.

I can sell them whole or to reduce shipping costs I could remove them from the cases and sell the combination of motherboard/CPU/heatsink/memory without case/GPU.

Full specifications and proposed prices below.  Offers will be considered.

Regards,

Daniel

Workstation A, build price over EUR 6500, sell for EUR 4,500, buy only Talos II motherboard/two CPUs/HSF/RAM only EUR 3,800:

Motherboard/Dual CPU/HSF bundleRaptorT2P9D011
Heat sink fan (HSF) – 3UIBM01KL9602
CPU - 8-core POWER9 3.8GhzIBMCP9M322dual CPU
RAM ECC 16GB DDR4-2666SamsungM393A2K40CB2-CTD8(total: 128GB, spread over all eight channels for maximum performance)
CaseFractalDefine 7 XL1
PSUSeasonicPrime TX 8501
GPUAMD / SaphhireRadeon RX580 8GB1
GPU riserFractal1

Workstation B, build price approx EUR 5,400, sell for EUR 3,500, buy only Talos II motherboard/two CPUs/HSF/RAM only EUR 2,900 :

Motherboard/Dual CPU/HSF bundleRaptorT2P9D011
Heat sink fan (HSF) – 3UIBM01KL9602
CPU in bundle – 4-core POWER9 3.8GHzIBMCP9M012dual CPU
SATA controller1
CD/DVD ROM drive1
RAM ECC 16GB DDR4-26668(total: 128GB, spread over all eight channels for maximum performance)
PSUSeasonicPrime TX 8501
FansNoctuaNF-A14 chromax black swap3
GPUAMD / SaphhireRadeon RX580 8GB1
Debian Developer
https://danielpocock.com