Author Topic: [DEV] An attempt to package chromium for ppc64le in the official Fedora DNF repo  (Read 3164 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Yes, I also encountered the Chromium blocking defect, I also wrote about it in the post relating to Fedora 40. Fedora itself encounters a problem and writes it and says that it automatically reported it, it freezes, the hard disk starts I don't know what to load and then suddenly Chromium closes and that's it.

MauryG5

• View Profile
Unfortunately, despite the latest updates, the Chromium problem on Fedora persists in the same way... Today I installed the latest updates but the problem is the same as before, nothing has changed!

ClassicHasClass

• Talospace Earth Orbit
    • View Profile
    • Floodgap
My guess is it's unfinished. I did my F40 upgrade over the weekend and Chromium throws occasional breakpoint traps. There might be some sections of code that are unimplemented.

MauryG5

• View Profile
YES after a few minutes it freezes, the hard disk starts reading who knows what and after a while it suddenly closes and stops... It should be reported to the Fedora team at this point, they have to see what's missing...

MauryG5

• View Profile
Just made a new Chromium update but unfortunately the problem hasn't been resolved yet... It seems like this is a long time coming... I don't know if the developers are aware of the problem, someone has reported it to the team Fedora? I haven't used Fedora for a long time so I don't even remember how to do it anymore... :)

tle

• View Profile
    • Trung's Personal Website
Just made a new Chromium update but unfortunately the problem hasn't been resolved yet... It seems like this is a long time coming... I don't know if the developers are aware of the problem, someone has reported it to the team Fedora? I haven't used Fedora for a long time so I don't even remember how to do it anymore... :)

So far it has not done that for me. If possible, could you please install gdb and collect more info when the app crashes and report it to Fedora team?
Faithful Linux enthusiast

My Raptor Blackbird