Author Topic: [DEV] An attempt to package chromium for ppc64le in the official Fedora DNF repo  (Read 9106 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Unfortunately it still doesn't work for me either. After 5 minutes of use it locks and then after a few minutes it closes on its own...

Hasturtium

• View Profile
It was working but a little dodgy at v123, but an upgrade to v127 was pushed out, and now it bombs out at startup complaining about some kind of org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver.GetActive error. I'm still using Firefox ESR with the baseline JIT enabled, and holding out for longer.

ClassicHasClass

• Talospace Earth Orbit
    • View Profile
    • Floodgap
My next immediate step is to pull the JIT up to Fx128, since I'm also needing it for Github in particular (grr).

tle

• View Profile
    • Trung's Personal Website
Unfortunately it still doesn't work for me either. After 5 minutes of use it locks and then after a few minutes it closes on its own...

Thanks for the feedback. I am working with Than Ngo of Red Hat on verifying the expected behaviour of the patchset.
Faithful Linux enthusiast

My Raptor Blackbird

MauryG5

• View Profile
Perfect thanks TLE friend, I also reported to the Fedora team but no one has responded yet, there is a report open for some time now and you can read it by going to the site dedicated to Fedora problems on ppc64 that you may have already read.

ClassicHasClass

• Talospace Earth Orbit
    • View Profile
    • Floodgap
In the meantime, the patch sets for Baseline Interpreter/Compiler in Firefox 128ESR are now available. I'm typing this in it myself and the test suites all pass, so I'm pretty confident it will work well.

https://www.talospace.com/2024/08/baseline-jit-patches-available-for.html

tle

• View Profile
In the meantime, the patch sets for Baseline Interpreter/Compiler in Firefox 128ESR are now available. I'm typing this in it myself and the test suites all pass, so I'm pretty confident it will work well.

https://www.talospace.com/2024/08/baseline-jit-patches-available-for.html

Great work. Looks pretty solid, it has not crashed for me yet. I reckon when we get WASM working perfectly, we could try to get your patchset merged downstream with Fedora or Debian

My Raptor Blackbird

MauryG5

• View Profile
TLE I saw your post on the Fedora bug report on Chromium which I opened and I also saw a post by another user who says to try the version that ends in 88-2. I have just installed the latest version which should be after 88-2 or 99 and as I also reported on Fedora Bug, it still doesn't work and always makes the same error and freeze...

tle

• View Profile
TLE I saw your post on the Fedora bug report on Chromium which I opened and I also saw a post by another user who says to try the version that ends in 88-2. I have just installed the latest version which should be after 88-2 or 99 and as I also reported on Fedora Bug, it still doesn't work and always makes the same error and freeze...

Please contribute to this ticket https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2308642 instead

My Raptor Blackbird