Raptor Computing Systems Hardware > Mod Zone

Convert GPU PCI-E X16 to X8

<< < (3/3)

MauryG5:
It is a good abstract concept, SATA ports cannot be eliminated, they are needed because they allow more people to use the peripherals at normal costs. Raptor made the Blackbird with the precise purpose of making a power system accessible to everyone and it did great. In the years to come, the choice will be wider and wider and there will also be a card with ATX form factor, which will be able to meet more requirements such as various equipment and who will want and can, will buy the one, which will have more RAM slots and more PCI-e slots available at a slightly higher cost. At the moment, for example, we are waiting to meet the Condor, which will be the first Power card with ATX shape and will mount Power 9 LaGrange.

tle:
I finally decide to convert the X8 slot to open-ended.

Here is my YouTube https://youtu.be/93yEag-aryk

q66:
you do realize that you will get the same bandwidth as PCIe 3.0 x8, right? You will not get the bandwidth of an x8 4.0, since per-lane you get the bandwidth of the negotiated PCIe version, times 8 lanes.

tle:
Yes I am fully aware. My GPU is last gen and could not take full bandwidth of PCI-E 3.0 X8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version