Software > Operating Systems and Porting

New Ubuntu 20.04

(1/2) > >>

MauryG5:
Power Community good morning, in April as we all know, both Ubuntu 20.04 and Fedora 32 will come out, COVID-19 emergency obviously allowing. About Ubuntu 20.04, I was asking myself a question or, what possibility will there be of using the AMD Radeon 5700 graphics cards that we currently use with Fedora with modified Kernel? I know I will use version 5.4 of the Kernel but I don't know what kind of support there will be for graphics cards, does anyone already know how it will work on Ubuntu?

Another thing that I did not understand is why they use 5.4 kernels when version 5.7 is already being developed and with 5.6 that if I have not misunderstood it is already working ...

Thank you

MPC7500:
Who is "they"?

And for Ubuntu (as for any other POWER distribution): Navi support is broken.

MauryG5:
They understood as the Ubuntu development team or Canonical. So are you telling me that you won't be able to use Navi 10 on Ubuntu? Not even doing a patched modified kernel?

MPC7500:
Off course will a patched Kernel work, if you do the patch ... I'm talking about the stock Kernels. And Ubuntu used the 5.4 Kernel, because it was the up-to-date Kernel at that time, I guess.

MauryG5:
So you think that the kernel with which Ubuntu 20.04 will come out does not have support for Navi10 / 14, but this is serious considering that these cards have been on the market for almost 1 year now ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version