Software > Firmware

Recovering BMC After Failed Firmware Update

(1/4) > >>

witsu:
I am looking for some advice on how to recover the BMC on my Talos II after a failed attempt to upgrade to the new 2.0 firmware.
I can see the BMC heartbeat LED flashing rapidly on the board, and I am not able to get any output on the serial console.

From what I've read on the wiki, it looks like I will either need to get a flash programmer to externally re program the chip.
Has anyone here done this recently and can recommend what kind to get?

Thanks

MPC7500:
AFAIK, you could reprogramming through J7701 header with a serial adopter. No ISP programmer needed. I have an ASSMANN AK-610300-003-E.

You already read this guide?
Debricking the BMC

I haven't done this till now.

witsu:
Yea I looked at that guide already.
The first 2 methods didn't work for me, I am not getting any output from the BMC over the serial console.
The other method requires the  ASPEED SOC Flash Utility which I don't have, and the link seems to be broken. I assume that's because you need to be a registered developer now to get it. I haven't looked into regisering yet, I assumed getting a flash programmer would probably be cheaper.

ClassicHasClass:
What method did you use to update it that went wrong?

witsu:
I was trying to follow the instructions for upgrading to 2.0 on the wiki https://wiki.raptorcs.com/wiki/File:Talos-ii-openbmc-v2.00-bundle.tar

I copied image-bmc over, rebooted th BMC, and then it didn't come back online after that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version