Author Topic: Graphics Card install  (Read 33427 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: Graphics Card install
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2020, 01:40:19 pm »
Well guys, another personal success, after weeks of errors and various problems, I finally managed to install the modified Merklot 5.5.0.1 kernel as well ... finally ...! 😁
Special thanks to Everyone! Thanks!

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: Graphics Card install
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2020, 04:39:08 pm »
After a few months of use I can give my first rough impressions. The 5700 XT works very well, so far no blockages or problems. Since she is active, a series of graphic modes have opened which obviously were not there before and if you have a good monitor, you can indulge in using a lot of different graphic modes and having specifically a 4K monitor, the board sets itself to defaut in 4K. I tested the videos on You Tube, I noticed that as AMD said at the time of the release of this card, its best performance is in 2K mode and therefore at 1440 P. In that resolution it works very well and plays videos great, yes obviously hears the fan working because the card at that resolution works harder, but it works very well. If you try to set in 4K then the videos go jerky so I don't think he can do it at that resolution. Another thing that I noticed that the HDMI audio works badly, but I think it's the fault of the original dirver not optimized for the purpose but I obviously don't use that audio so it's okay anyway.