Author Topic: Printers and management drivers  (Read 2968 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Printers and management drivers
« on: February 08, 2020, 04:51:18 am »
Good morning everyone, a topic that I still believe has not been covered on our forum is the issue of printers. Obviously, here too we have the usual problem that the various printer manufacturers do not produce Power drivers to manage their printers. How do you move in the Power community when it comes to connecting and managing a printer?

xilinder

• View Profile
Re: Printers and management drivers
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 10:43:30 am »
I'm running Debian 10.2 and used the foomatic driver for my Epson Workforce printer.
The printer is wireless connected to my router and using the search function in the add printer setup just worked.  :)
Talos II 2x8, 32GB RAM, onboard Microsemi RAID,  AMD WX7100, J.Micron SATA/PATA PCIe adapter. Debian with Mate.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 10:56:24 am »
The problem, however, arises when we need to connect a printer directly via USB cable, we would therefore need to have a specific development of drivers in the Power version that is currently perhaps missing. For example, I have a Samsung 2070M and unfortunately I can currently only use it on Mac because on Power I cannot use it as there are no drivers that allow me to recognize it. Is there anything that is being worked on in this regard?

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 12:21:02 pm »
I guess, you already tried this

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 04:29:25 pm »
Ok MPC but these drivers are not written for X86?

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 08:27:10 am »
In any case I had already tried these drivers but they don't work because they are certainly for X86 architecture. Our current problem I think is that there are no support drivers for the various printers on Power, it is one of the gaps that we should try to fill ...

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 09:00:07 am »
You downloaded the file? You saw the noarch folder?
Using a Samsung M2070 Printer on Linux?

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 11:28:47 am »
Currently I use the M2070 on Mac, never used on Linux, the drivers on Linux are the ones that I downloaded some time ago and that you also posted. But I didn't know the Norch folder and I didn't know this. So you advise to see that folder and see if the drivers are written in a universal language that can read any platform or if they are binary and therefore specific for architecture ... I seem to understand this

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 02:34:43 pm »
Guys then, thanks to MPC who always manages to give me the right tips and helps me a mess, I did as he said, I opened that folder and following a guide that I found on the internet I tried to install those drivers downloaded from site. Well the system told me that there were errors regarding the architecture but some things seem to have installed in any case. After I did a search and I saw that to have the printer recognized and configured, you must have CUPS installed that I didn't have and then you must enter via a browser to be able to configure it. At that point, once I entered, I was able to configure the printer and in the end I was able to establish the connection and make it work. So a special thank you to friend MPC7500 for his valuable advice!