Author Topic: Announcement from Raptor / Solid Silicon Corp  (Read 3904 times)

Borley

• View Profile
Re: Announcement from Raptor / Solid Silicon Corp
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2023, 08:08:24 pm »
Here is the website of Solid Silicon: https://www.solidsilicon.com/

No matter how I try to view the site, it only loads a blank white canvas (Or black canvas, with CSS but no javascript). There is a vimeo link supplied to a scene of smoke rolling over mountains. I assume they attempt to use this for an animated backdrop?

It hasn't been picked up by web archive and other archivers also just grab a blank page. Has anybody been able to view their page?
Blackbird C1P9S01, CPU 02CY650, 2x 8GB 2666 RAM, 1024GB M.2 SSD, AMD RX 560X, 2U heatsink, 500W SFX PSU, Debian 11

lepidotos

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2023, 05:21:38 am »
Loads in fine for me. Page 1 is a generic looking fullscreen video of that mountain shot, page two has three eighths of a paragraph selling open hardware kinda distastefully in my opinion before saying their silicon is "future-proof" (a claim shared by paragons of futurism eMachines), page three is just one sentence and a full screen image of the X1, page four the same (though a sentence twice as long) for the S1, and page five is literally just a giant gray screen with an email address in slightly less big, also gray-on-gray text compared to the much bigger white on blue or black on gray that we've seen before then. You're really not missing out, it's the same kind of site that's almost formatted more like a business card that I hate.

Borley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2024, 06:30:03 pm »
Oh, you just have to scroll down from the completely blank white title card.

Imagine having the option to own your own keys and use silicon that has fully open source firmware and tooling.
Meet the X1
A perfect chip for BMC and IOT.  Simplify your design with embedded Lattice FPGA technology, DRAM, and Root of Trust.
Meet the S1
A powerful AI enabled OpenPOWER CPU for servers and edge devices. Simplify and secure your design with open ISA, embedded Root of Trust, BMC, and reference designs.
sales@solidsilicon.com
Blackbird C1P9S01, CPU 02CY650, 2x 8GB 2666 RAM, 1024GB M.2 SSD, AMD RX 560X, 2U heatsink, 500W SFX PSU, Debian 11