Author Topic: [NEWS] Linux 6.5  (Read 905 times)

tle

• View Profile
    • Trung's Personal Website
[NEWS] Linux 6.5
« on: August 27, 2023, 06:08:10 pm »
It's finally out! https://www.phoronix.com/review/linux-65-features

Unfortunately it does not have much changes related to OpenPOWER. One change with Power10 is DEXCR Support In and that's pretty much it
Faithful Linux enthusiast

My Raptor Blackbird

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: [NEWS] Linux 6.5
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 03:13:28 pm »
I'm testing it, it seems to be fine on Debian 11.7... I temporarily went back to 11 because 12 no longer works for me, after the Kernel problems the file directory disappeared and it wasn't even updating anymore.

tle

• View Profile
    • Trung's Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 06:15:09 pm »
I'm testing it, it seems to be fine on Debian 11.7... I temporarily went back to 11 because 12 no longer works for me, after the Kernel problems the file directory disappeared and it wasn't even updating anymore.

which file directory has gone missing?
Faithful Linux enthusiast

My Raptor Blackbird

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 09:05:42 am »
One day after the classic loading of Debian 12, I noticed that in the favorites bar below, an icon was missing, which was the blue one for the drawers that gives you access to all the files and directories you have in the operating system.  Without that it becomes practically almost unusable as we all know.  After a few days, no software updates arrived either and at that point I said to myself, nothing, I have to save what can be saved and delete everything to reinstall it.  I thought that given all the problems encountered with the new Kernels that do not work and should instead work normally, with the new problems I have, it is obvious that this Debian is now ruined and it is better if I eliminate it.  I keep the copy of 11.7 that I use in reserve on a mechanical HD if I have problems of this type, so I avoid having to reinstall everything from scratch.  However, I think that the mistake I made on that version was when I inserted the repositories with the .DE extension, and that's when the problems started.