Author Topic: [NEWS] Linux 6.4  (Read 1062 times)

tle

• View Profile
    • Trung's Personal Website
[NEWS] Linux 6.4
« on: July 14, 2023, 06:42:18 am »
URL: https://www.theregister.com/2023/06/26/linux_kernel_6_4_released/

I have not tried it out yet. I hope it does not break the amdgpu.

AFAIK there ain't much changes related to PowerISA

Faithful Linux enthusiast

My Raptor Blackbird

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: [NEWS] Linux 6.4
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 09:49:04 am »
I don't think there are problems with AMD GPU, the Kernel loads regularly, unfortunately in my case that I use Debian 12, I don't know why, as I also wrote on the other discussion relating to Kernels, from versions 6.2.X Debian 12 doesn't work, not even with their own 6.3.0. Everything loads regularly but when it has to boot from the classic black screen before arriving at the login screen, it always remains in the black screen and you have to restart... But I repeat in this case I think it's only a Debian 12 problem, with Debian 11 itself not happens...

tle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 11:45:52 pm »
I don't think there are problems with AMD GPU, the Kernel loads regularly, unfortunately in my case that I use Debian 12, I don't know why, as I also wrote on the other discussion relating to Kernels, from versions 6.2.X Debian 12 doesn't work, not even with their own 6.3.0. Everything loads regularly but when it has to boot from the classic black screen before arriving at the login screen, it always remains in the black screen and you have to restart... But I repeat in this case I think it's only a Debian 12 problem, with Debian 11 itself not happens...

As long as the amdgpu module is loaded correctly (check `dmesg`), it is very likely related to other components in Debian not the kernel

My Raptor Blackbird

manatails

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 04:34:13 am »
Debian 12 and Debian Sid has been working flawlessly on my blackbird system. I am on kernel 6.3.0

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 10:49:47 am »
damn this is very strange Manatail... It doesn't work for me since I updated to Debian 12, from Kernel 6.2 onwards it doesn't work anymore and I'm forced to use 6.1... I don't understand at this point what's happening, I can try to check what TLE says at this point... But I don't understand this thing, I use Debian 12 exactly like Manatail and others and I haven't made any changes whatsoever... Very very strange...!

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 06:27:10 am »
I loaded Debian 12 Kernel 6.3 0.2, as soon as it got to the black screen I did CTRL, ALT, F2 at the same time and after logging in, I gave the dmesg command.  I was able to photograph this final part but I don't know how to do the whole part that runs from the beginning because obviously the output is longer and runs... Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks always

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 06:50:35 am »
I did the same command from Kernel 6.1.2 working, from here you can see all the output and apparently while seeing this anomaly on USB 1.4.4 everything works fine and it seems that there are no particular problems apart from this. I send the copied file to gedit of all the output.

tle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 07:15:36 pm »
amdgpu works perfectly for my 6600 XT :)

My Raptor Blackbird

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023, 02:58:36 pm »
It seems that no one has yet managed to understand what afflicts my Debian 12 with the new Kernels... I would say a big problem, I don't know what to do at this point, I wanted to understand if there was at least a way to contact the development taem on Power and ask them what's going on... :(