Author Topic: System cleaning  (Read 5003 times)

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: System cleaning
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 05:18:04 pm »
My guess would have been:
Unused space must be formatted first, then you can resize

What is the size of the whole disk?

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 05:27:10 pm »
yes sdb2 is the largest partition where there are 9.5 GB of data between apps and more ... now I'm trying a procedure that should extend the root, it tells me that the operation was successful but when I check the root it is always 15 GB it's absurd I don't understand ... I had put 50 GB first and then another 30 ... nothing is wrong I can't understand ...

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2020, 01:07:10 am »
Guys I finally decided to reinstall everything and do manual partitioning. At the beginning above all, the lack of total experience on Linux made me lean towards the automatic installation wizard but as we have seen well, on the Directory "/" it only takes 16GB which are not enough! In the manual installation I decided to put 110 GB on 232 available on the SSD unit that I mounted. Another 115 on Home and the rest on Swap. The break is obviously that I have to reinstall everything now, but nevertheless ... I had tried with the LVM management, I had found a guide to increase the capacity of "/" but although it told me that the partition increased, when I then did the check, I always gave the same 16GB ... I did not understand why ... In any case I preferred to do so ... Thanks always for your valuable advice!