Author Topic: FreeBSD - Unfortunately not very TALOS-focused  (Read 11383 times)

q66

Re: FreeBSD - Unfortunately not very TALOS-focused
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 07:59:42 pm »
Well, my test was in macos on the last build of VLC. As I've said, I don't use Linux, and that limited my GPU selection as well. But if it works for you and you like it that's what's important. Me, they're ugly, loud and have nothing redeeming them in my eyes.

It's obvious an OS from 2005 will perform inferior, and is kinda a silly comparison as the more modern hardware wouldn't be running that OS in the first place. One thing is having/using the hardware, but what I don't understand is people running ancient (and therefore slow, vulnerable) operating systems on it when they don't have to

Raion

• View Profile
    • IRIX Network
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 06:53:51 pm »
I know; but BSD on PowerPC is often a worse experience than macOS, and I'm not really a Linux user, other than for KVM hosts at the moment. No offense to any linux users of course; I hope that's made clear. If KVM worked as well on BSD or illumos I'd probably not use Linux at all.

Raion

• View Profile
    • IRIX Network
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 09:57:43 pm »
Necro'd, but as Cameron pointed out on Talospace:

https://www.talospace.com/2020/09/freebsd-swings-both-ways.html

Finally we have an el release. More motives are present for me to resume plans to buy a Talos II!