Author Topic: Ubuntu anomalies on Power  (Read 4907 times)

ClassicHasClass

• Talospace Earth Orbit
    • View Profile
    • Floodgap
Re: Ubuntu anomalies on Power
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2021, 09:07:22 pm »
I salute your attempts at Ubuntu. I suspect it doesn't get a lot of discussion here because not many people run it (?).

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: Ubuntu anomalies on Power
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2021, 03:12:04 am »
Hi friend Classic, I also think that he is not very used and therefore I understand that there is not much talk about him but I insisted on Ubuntu because it was worth it. I noticed that as a distro, it works even better than Fedora and Debian in the sense that it moves everything in a more fluid and animated way. Furthermore Ubuntu has on its side a greater quantity of software available, see for example MAME that I have been looking for for some time and last but not least has more pre-installed repositories than for example Fedora. If you need to install VLC, you don't need to download and install dependencies here, just do sudo apt install vlc and download and install VLC. Same with MAME or other software. These things in my opinion are not nonsense but they make a difference. Today I am a happy user of Ubuntu as I am of Fedora which, however, with the 34 is badly fenced and I am happy to have this excellent alternative working well on Power.