Third Party Hardware > GPU Compute / Accelerators

powerxcell 8i

(1/4) > >>

THEkitchenSINK:
Hello so I have acquired a fixstars GigaAccel 180 I'm trying to find information about all the pins on the card. The only thing the manual covers is the serial console connection with a rs232c 3pin to db9. I am attempting to get the card working for render tests and eventually ploping it in a raptor blackbird (once I have the funds). Driver files and functional operation seems to be straight forward with the user manual I wish I had the install discs that came with the card. All I have is the card and a PDF of the user manual. Any help finding information would be appreciated, thank you!

MPC7500:
It doesn't look like this card will work under PowerPC, but it's worth a try.

According to the manual the whole thing works under CentOS 4.5 and YDL6. The YDL repositories should still be online. Maybe you can find drivers there.

Here you can find YDL: Download
This is the product page: Fixstars

Probably none of this is news to you. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything more in a hurry. In any case it is very interesting

nglevin:
Sent a PM with some relevant historical resources.

The manual for this card doesn't appear to reference any DVD besides YDL, and the Fixstars site indicates that YDL 6.x should support that card. That's about as much as I think we are likely to find.

nglevin:
Tiny follow up that I'm repeating for the public, as it looks like Fixstars moved the site they reference for manual Section 4.10; https://us.fixstars.com/products/ydl/support/solutions/ydel-6x/ydel-configure-host-nohd/

This is the "Installation of Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux" section, for hardware that has no hard drive, like that card. It's essentially a recipe for Netboot.

As I mentioned in that follow up PM, I doubt you'll be able to interact with the card through PCIe instead of gigabit ethernet. Best thing I recommend is to keep the card in an eGPU box, and use ethernet for all communications. That'll save you a PCIe slot, and keep your future Blackbird happy.  :)

THEkitchenSINK:
Thank you all so far and in the future for information. Installing ydl seems the route so far and digging more I have found some fedora driver images after going through the manual and googling anything that might lead to anything.

Thank you for the PM's I will attempt to keep updating what I can find. The fedora 7 links in the manual brought me to the ftp server and have pcie pxcab driver Which is for another powerXcell 8i card IBM matrix card they seem similar but I cannot confirm they are the same. I will be attempting soon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version