Author Topic: Blackbird Radeon RX580  (Read 9587 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: Blackbird Radeon RX580
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2021, 04:47:14 pm »
Ok but sorry how do I tell that application to add and not replace? I've never used it so I don't know how it works, I just did a test and I don't know how to actually add this line ... If you see the photo there isn't a part that makes you understand if that line is addition or if it is doing a replacement ... I don't quite understand how to use this application honestly ...Obviously I'm not saying that Classic told me to replace it, I'm just saying that I didn't understand how to add it and how you understand that instead I'm actually replacing it ...

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2021, 03:16:25 pm »
In any case, looking closer at the application I used, I saw that the line where you can put lines was empty and I inserted that line you told me MPC, so I think I have not replaced anything at the end. Then I repeat I don't know how that application works, I should better understand how to use it and how to add that line correctly ...

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2021, 03:53:55 pm »
If that is the case, then everything is okay. Then you only have to save/ confirm your settings. Dunno how the application works. Google will have some results for sure. And as I have written previously, don't forget to update GRUB.
Code: [Select]
sudo update-grub
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:03:27 pm by MPC7500 »

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2021, 04:45:42 pm »
Yes MPC, I saved the settings and the only thing I didn't do was to update the grub but I didn't do it just because I thought that this application was also in charge of updating the grub, that's why not the 'I did. So I have to try to update the grub and restart, hoping it works ... As soon as I try I update you ...

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2021, 02:59:21 pm »
Succeeded, thanks again to friend MPC for his great advice, basically my mistake was simply the missing grub update command. I didn't do it simply because I believed that the Grub-Customizer application itself did both save and update the grub but I was wrong. Now I will compile 5.15 for Ubuntu as well. Thanks again MPC and also friend Classic Has for their valuable advice.