Author Topic: packages available for Domoticz, Zigate USB stick, home automation, smart bulbs  (Read 1238 times)

pocock

• View Profile

The Debify repository has been updated to include builds for ppc64el and arm64

After adding ppc64el, the first packages I built in there are the Domoticz packages, these are the installation instructions

You can order the Zigate USB stick directly from this web site.  I plugged one into the USB 3 port of the Talos II and it worked fine.

I've tested the Domoticz and Zigate together with a range of products, including:

• bulbs: Philips Hue, Osram, Mueller Licht (Aldi), Livarno Lux (Lidl)
  • temperature sensors: Aqara
  • smart sockets (both plug pack versions and inline)
  • dimmer buttons / remotes: Aqara, Philips Hue
  • motion sensors: Osram

I'm planning to buy some of the Ikea products this week and test them too, there is already feedback in the Domoticz forum thread on Ikea.  The Ikea products are interesting because they are incredibly cheap and you can buy them locally, the Aqara products from China sometimes take 2-3 weeks to arrive.

For any concerns with the packages, please ask in this Domoticz forum thread on Debian packages unless it is an issue that is very specific to the Talos II.

Here is a short video where I demonstrate how to flash the Zigate stick and link each of the devices to it.  Although there are not many similarities, try to imagine the Talos II in place of the Raspberry Pi in the video.

Debian Developer
https://danielpocock.com

ClassicHasClass

• Talospace Earth Orbit
    • View Profile
    • Floodgap
Nice work. I just use my own huepl utility on mine, but I've been thinking of expanding what home automation features it can control.