Author Topic: Video Encoding  (Read 4670 times)

pocock

• View Profile
Re: Video Encoding
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 03:17:11 pm »
I'm very close to Italy and I visit there from time to time, usually in the north of Italy, so we might be able to find a way to look at this together
Debian Developer
https://danielpocock.com

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 04:41:36 pm »
I would be very happy, I am in the extreme south, Sicily to be exact, I don't know how you get it but in case you will let me know if it is possible. In any case, I still want to see the solution you sent first, let's see if I can understand more about how to do with the command ...

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 01:19:38 pm »
Pocock excuse me, but if I wanted to use the GPU also on programs like VLC or others, then don't use vaapi acceleration only on browsers like Chromium or Firefox but use vaapi or similar to be able to use 4k videos on VLC or similar. Do you think it can be done? If so, how?
Thanks

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2020, 07:33:59 am »
Guys from what I'm understanding, the real problem that I personally have is with the VP9 format of Youtube, with that if I put 4K it jerks or freezes. If I use instead formats like H264 on applications like VLC or QMPlay2, then I can see 4K quite well and without problems. I think the real problem is YouTube VP9... I don't know if you can see 4K as well in a smooth way...