Author Topic: Print no longer starts and cups doesn't allow sudden changes  (Read 1983 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Print no longer starts and cups doesn't allow sudden changes
« on: October 02, 2023, 12:51:50 pm »
Guys, I have an anomalous problem that I can't explain with Cups on Debian. Suddenly the printing no longer starts but there are 2 things that I don't understand that are really absurd in my opinion. The first is that the system sees the printer as normal and ready to go but it doesn't start. The second is that cups no longer allows me to make any changes, it always tells me that it is forbidden and no longer even allows me to delete and reset the printer from 0. It should be noted that the printer works properly both on another computer and on Fedora if I try with another operating system. The problem is therefore only on Debian which I don't understand why it suddenly stops printing and has cups blocked and no longer editable. Even when it asks me for my user name and password, it continues to forbid me from making any changes. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling cups but the problem persists... I can no longer understand what to do to restore printing...