Author Topic: kernel config: page size 4k vs 64k  (Read 15435 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: kernel config: page size 4k vs 64k
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2021, 01:48:34 am »
Now compile regularly, but yesterday evening I had to interrupt the procedure because I was compiling from Daniel Pocock's 5.9.6 kernel and being that the compilation in the case of Debian switches the GPU off and on several times, I could no longer continue since kernel 5.9.  X on Power suffers from this bug, if you turn off the GPU or when switching to the video output of the GPU, the monitor goes black and it is no longer possible to do anything.  I found the same problem on Fedora so I realized that the problem lies in the Linux Power Kernel in version 5.9.X.  In fact, every time I load Debian with 5.9 I always have to switch the video output first otherwise it crashes irreversibly ... Today I try to do everything from 4.19 and I will let you know thanks Xlinder.  In which line of the kernel configuration I understood that I had to put only double quotes for that I asked you to write me exactly what I had to put.  Tonight I try and tell you.  Thanks for everything always.

xilinder

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2021, 07:21:35 am »
Actually the double quotes would only be needed if you modified the line in a Text Editor. However, doing it with Menuconfig is a better way.
You can try the Text editor later after you have a working kernel and wish to play around.  ;)
Talos II 2x8, 32GB RAM, onboard Microsemi RAID,  AMD WX7100, J.Micron SATA/PATA PCIe adapter. Debian with Mate.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2021, 02:49:24 pm »
Xlinder once again a special thanks to you for your good work with Debian, here is the complicated and correctly installed Kernel 5.11.  Also on Debian the universal procedure works perfectly once you have everything installed and modify those 4 necessary parameters.  So I still don't understand why Fedora doesn't let me do that and gives me that damn error due to the dracut file.  I also tried to remove the 95 resume folder which is the one offending but unfortunately it does not install it anyway.  Yes, the mistake does not take it out anymore but does not complete the installation ... I would like to understand what to do sincerely ...