Software > User Zone

Sound card enabling

<< < (2/5) > >>

MauryG5:
No the only thing was that I wanted absolute quality audio given the characteristics of this AE-9, I don't know if you have read the specifications but it is really the best card currently available on the computer market. I like high quality and multi channel audio, I buy blu ray audio and super audio cd, I have dedicated players but I also wanted to enjoy this high quality audio on this computer. At the moment I use the audio outputs of the Blackbird which still work well, the audio is very good, I just want to have something more that this card can give ... I hope they start to convert the drivers, I wrote to Alsa but no answer yet ...

q66:
A good USB DAC will have much higher audio quality than any sound card.

MauryG5:
but the quality audio not only depends on the DAC but also on the operational amplifiers and the analog section of the card. It is the combination of these characteristics that makes the quality of the audio, not only the DAC is enough ...

q66:
a dedicated USB DAC usually includes all of these things, you can connect it directly to a headphone or speaker amplifier (sometimes you can connect headphones directly to them). A good quality dedicated DAC will still have much higher audio quality than *any* card you can stuff in your computer.

MauryG5:
understood, in any case now that it was purchased, I would like to take advantage of this AE-9, or sooner or later they must give support to enable it on Linux. Do you have any idea how I can contact ALSA support, I sent an e-mail, they replied that it is being processed but I still have not received an answer ... do you know anything more by chance? Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version