Software > User Zone

Sound card enabling

<< < (5/5)

MauryG5:
Yes, this I understood on AE-9, so you mean I have to check in Alsa's list if there is the RME mentioned in the wiki. Well thanks for the information I check Alsa's list and see if I find it ... thanks

MauryG5:
So I did a search on the internet but the doubts remained. In the list of cards supported by Alsa, the RME HDSPe AIO is not listed. I then looked for information in other forums and some say it works well even if there is no support for additional cards but the AIO works well for them. Another thing that is not clear to me and what does that freeBSD reported on Wiki mean for this card, I don't think it refers to the Unix derived operating system called freeBSD because I don't think it makes sense. Moral of the story I'm not understanding if this card works on Linux or not ... :-\

MauryG5:
Hi Raptor, I managed to get the information I was looking for, I joined a forum called LinuxMusicians, in which I found a very nice user who gave me all the information I needed. He told me that the RME HDSPe AIO works well under Linux and that even if it costs a bit, I won't regret it. He told me that Alsa support started years ago, support has been present in the kernel for years now. I had Alsa-Tools installed which I found in a version 1.2.2.1 and then the Alsa firmware dedicated to RME cards. Now I should be ready to use this Sound Card, I just ordered it and I hope it arrives in normal times given the emergency COVID-19 ... Thanks for the information, I will write on the forum to give news of how it goes this beautiful sound card. See you soon and hold on that the Power community needs you in the first place! We must overcome the crisis! If there is something we can do to help you don't exist to ask, the Power community is all with you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version