Author Topic: Raptor/PowerPC Training  (Read 2558 times)

cchinicz

• View Profile
Raptor/PowerPC Training
« on: August 05, 2020, 09:58:24 am »
Anyone ever thought about Training for users willing to make better use of their powerful Talos/Blackbird? Does Raptor provide any?

A basic training could include aspects related to Hardware (what's inside your machine, how to add PCI devices like video cards and additional disks, how to add memory, compatibility issues, etc.). Firmware (how to update, how to setup secure boot) and Software (what OSs are available, applications, repositories, general config tips, etc.).

I would pay for content that would help me make a better use of my Blackbird.

Anyone knows what is Raptor customer profile? individuals? corporations? universities? maybe these would be target audience for Training.

I remember DOS and later on Windows 3, 3.1 and so on. MS conquered the end user and Windows became ubiquitous in the corporate environment (servers/AD, SQL, Exchange, Sharepoint, Dynamics, etc.). I do not expect Raptor products ti become so popular, after all it's a niche product. Also, IBM dominates in the data center with power servers, leveraging their presence in this market, support capabilities, sales channels, etc.. I wonder the target market for Raptor is made of enthusiasts, developers and researchers.

At least this community could benefit from Training and grow to perpetuate Raptor.

Borley

• View Profile
Re: Raptor/PowerPC Training
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 02:40:15 pm »
I do not suspect that Raptor is a large enough entity to be able to take on such training. Perhaps maybe just sharing how-to videos. I know I would love some such guidance on upgrading pre 2.0 firmware.
Blackbird C1P9S01, CPU 02CY650, 2x 8GB 2666 RAM, 1024GB M.2 SSD, AMD RX 560X, 2U heatsink, 500W SFX PSU, Debian 11

cchinicz

• View Profile
Re: Raptor/PowerPC Training
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 09:48:37 am »
I do not suspect that Raptor is a large enough entity to be able to take on such training. Perhaps maybe just sharing how-to videos. I know I would love some such guidance on upgrading pre 2.0 firmware.

That would be great. I do not see them active on YouTube. I think it would be great if their engineers post how to videos and also would talk about architecture e how things work for the enthusiast newcomer.