Author Topic: [NEWS] Fedora 32 is released  (Read 12648 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: [NEWS] Fedora 32 is released
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2020, 04:53:24 pm »
Hi guys, I finally managed to solve some problems on Fedora 32. I always thank the precious help of my friend MPC 7500 because it always gives me excellent supports to understand many problems. The Kernel problem was that the official Fedora 32 ones do not deactivate the Blackbird GPU when the loading ends and I believed that the system was blocked at that point and instead I had to manually switch to the other monitor output where there is the Navi 10 GPU is connected. The modified Kernels 5.4.0.2 and 5.5.0.RC1 + instead detach AST and the monitor at that point switches the video output from the source where it receives the signal and then goes automatically to the Navi 10. Thanks still at MPC. As for DNFDragora, I found a forum where they had the same problem, or switched to Fedora 32 from 31, Dragora was no longer working. They thus advised to run a command that reads as follows: mv /home/mauriziop9/.config/dnfdragora.yaml /home/mauriziop9/.config/dnfdragora.yaml.old
Obviously after the Home directory, everyone has his name, this is the example in my case. In any case, after this I started Dragora that after uploading those files that it usually does, it has not closed by itself and has given me the various buttons available again and has remained open so I believe that now it finally works for as it should.

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2020, 05:11:09 pm »
I have also connected both GPUs to my display. But no matter which Kernel I was using (Kernel 5.4/ 5.5 or Kernel 5.6.13+) I always had to manually switch between the GPUs.

I think that in my case both GPUs are active after switching on. Because every now and then (very rarely) the display switches to the AMD GPU at startup.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2020, 12:56:02 am »
sorry let me understand, you directly start the AMD GPU rarely but how? At boot to load petit boot can not because the drivers are in the kernel of the operating system, therefore it can not be activated before ...

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2020, 07:04:24 am »
Turned on the Computer. The display switched automatically to the AMD port. Then I got a black screen and I had to switch manually to the AST port to get a screen. After Petitboot I have to switch back to the AMD.

Normally -> Power on -> switch automatically to AST -> after Petitboot switch manually to AMD.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2020, 07:32:31 am »
 understood now, no from me the monitor detects the first output that is active and therefore AST. Then if I use modified Kernel 5.4 or 5.5, then AST is deactivated at the end of the loading of the operating system and at that point the monitor turns black. After a few seconds Navi 10 is activated and the monitor sends the video of Navi 10. With the official Kernels instead AST remains active always and that's why I didn't realize. I asked the Fedora team if it is possible to have this type of function also on the official Kernel or at the end of the upload, disconnect AST

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2020, 03:23:51 am »
Guys I just updated the Kernel to 5.7.6 but it seems that at least for the moment, it doesn't work on 10/14 Ships... I don't know if you've had a chance to try it too, maybe the MPC friend will have had a chance to get the same feedback...

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2020, 05:34:38 am »
The Kernel works.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2020, 08:27:21 am »
Then I will have had a display problem on the monitor ... I have to see and test better, thanks for the news MPC

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2020, 12:59:42 pm »
No guys, the new 5.7.6 kernel doesn't work for me. I also tried to update the other spare Fedora 32 which has a mechanical Hardisk instead of an SSD, but the result does not change. The thing, however, that I understood thanks to the mechanical hardisk is that this time it just doesn't load the operating system. When I use the mechanic, obviously it takes a few seconds to load and you can also see it regularly charging Fedora 32. In this case instead, as soon as I try to start the one with version 5.7.6, as soon as it enters loading it stops almost immediately and ends , stay planted. I don't know if there is any conflict with something that I normally use and that annoys this Kernel, otherwise I won't explain it as up to now and until version 5.6.19, no problem ... I don't know whether to wait for the next version or write to the Fedora team for help ...

sharkcz

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2020, 03:17:02 am »
FWIW there is another bug in the 5.7+ kernels with the amdgpu driver, see https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1171, but workaround exists.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2020, 07:08:19 am »
Unfortunately up to version 5.7.9, the kernel does not work having mounted the Radeon 5700 Navi 10, I hope that at least with 5.8 they solve this situation ...