Author Topic: [NEWS] Debian  (Read 14825 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: [NEWS] Debian
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2021, 04:15:04 pm »
I think I understand the problem anyway, I was able to read the initial error message and it tells me it can't find the GPU firmware! I wanted to see if I had the firmware updated by trying: sudo apt install -t bullseye-backport firmware-realtek firmware-iwlwifi firmware-linux-nonfree but it tells me that bullseye-backport I don't have them in release and therefore I can't install ... I have to understand so how to recover this updated firmware ...

Borley

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2021, 06:48:54 pm »
I ran into something like this when I tried Debian 11 also. Apt gave me a message about possible missing firmware, even though I know for a fact that the bin files for polaris were present from installing firmware-amd-graphics. And Dan may not see your earlier comment addressing him so it might be worth messaging his account.
Blackbird C1P9S01, CPU 02CY650, 2x 8GB 2666 RAM, 1024GB M.2 SSD, AMD RX 560X, 2U heatsink, 500W SFX PSU, Debian 11

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2022, 04:30:55 pm »
Guys, after some testing, I decided to promote Debian as the first distro to use on Power. I noticed the great improvements that version 11 brought and I realized therefore that Debian is now much more usable than recently at the time of version 10. I also realized that it maintains a certain lightness compared to Fedora and Ubuntu, all load much faster than the other distros mentioned. Unfortunately Ubuntu continues to suffer chronically from some critical issues that unfortunately limit its use a bit and Fedora by now, since adopting the Gnome version 3.4X, is no longer usable as before and needs changes that must be known to do. At the moment I am therefore much more satisfied with Debian and its evolutions and so now I use it on everyone, hoping that it continues to be as good as it is now.