Author Topic: [NEWS] Debian  (Read 14758 times)

MauryG5

• View Profile
Re: [NEWS] Debian
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2020, 04:46:03 pm »
I don't know honestly, you obviously speak from inside Debian I suppose ... In any case, let's see if Pcock tells us something for further help it would not be bad ... Meanwhile, I take this opportunity to wish all of you Open Power friends! Happy New Year, Happy New Year to the Raptor staff!

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2021, 05:28:02 am »
The file you say is this, we are talking about Fedora in this case and as you can see it has no partition other than its own and in this moment the hard drive containing Debian is completely deactivated and unmounted from the computer...

xilinder

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2021, 08:49:53 am »
Yes. That is the file and the Debian file should be similar. You can see the UUID for Fedora and that device should not be in the Debian fstab. Put a # before that UUID line in Debian and also for the UUID for the Ubuntu SWAP device.

When setting up drives during Deb install select the other drives/partitions and there will be a choice "Do Not Use" and it will not appear in fstab.
Talos II 2x8, 32GB RAM, onboard Microsemi RAID,  AMD WX7100, J.Micron SATA/PATA PCIe adapter. Debian with Mate.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2021, 09:15:22 am »
The command to bring up these UUID files should be "blkid" from what I see on the web. In any case, it is better for me to open them from the operating system directly and then find the folder with these files and once the contents of the end have been launched through a text edit make the change you tell me, both on Fedora and on Debian, but first I have to find those righteous ... I'll try thanks

xilinder

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2021, 05:03:02 pm »
Your Fedora setup looks fine. Only one swap partition.

The Debian setup probably has 3 swap partitions. Find which partition is on the same disk as Debian and # out the other 2, only in Debian.
Talos II 2x8, 32GB RAM, onboard Microsemi RAID,  AMD WX7100, J.Micron SATA/PATA PCIe adapter. Debian with Mate.

pocock

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2021, 02:21:09 am »

As promised, the kernel with 4k page size is now available for Debian, please try it, I'm curious to know if this fixes problems with the Radeon RX 5700

When you boot into the new kernel, you can verify the page size like this:

Code: [Select]
$ getconf PAGESIZE
Debian Developer
https://danielpocock.com

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 03:15:20 pm »
Xlinder picking up for a moment that talk about the Debian partition that put me something on Fedora and now it loads me with 1 minute and a half delay compared to before, I tried to see those files you told me about Debian as well but they are regular like that of Fedora. What you see when you load Fedora and it freezes for about 1 and a half minutes is what you see in the picture, it writes to you like this and you have to wait about 1 and a half minutes before it resumes. What can it be in your opinion?

xilinder

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2021, 09:03:19 am »
My first question is....What disk partition is uuid/d6572c89 etc.. Is it a Fedora partition or is it on your Debian disk?

Next, if you look at /etc/fstab is that uuid/d657 etc. listed in that file?

You can use Gparted to find the uuid for all partitions on your system. Select the partition and then select Information in the Partition menu.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2021, 01:28:01 pm »
Meanwhile, I can tell you that Debian is currently not on my system because I physically removed its hardisk. Right now I have 2 hard drives running Fedora 33 and one hard drive running Ubuntu mounted on the computer. The problem is that something Debian did when I made that mistake of saying yes to it on installation the first time and from that moment both fedora disks stop about 1 and a half minutes before restarting ... I will check the partition and i will let you know what is that disk partition you tell me ...

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2021, 04:12:09 am »
My first question is....What disk partition is uuid/d6572c89 etc.. Is it a Fedora partition or is it on your Debian disk?

Next, if you look at /etc/fstab is that uuid/d657 etc. listed in that file?

You can use Gparted to find the uuid for all partitions on your system. Select the partition and then select Information in the Partition menu.
Hi Xlinder, I checked all the uuid partitions on both Fedora hardisks but of the one in the picture no trace, it's not there. Considering that Debian is not mounted right now, do you think it's possible that it looks for a partition it can't find and then wastes that minute and a half looking for something it can't find but that is stored somewhere and causes it to look for it at every boot? Where to look eventually for this file to delete it and not make him look for it anymore?

xilinder

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2021, 07:58:26 am »
If is not in /etc/fstab I don't know how to delete it. Perhaps it was a USB disk that was not unmounted before removal(?) . I just don't know.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2021, 08:08:05 am »
never used usb disks, so i rule it out. I'll try to see where you say, etc / fstlab, what should I look for specifically in your opinion?

xilinder

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2021, 11:53:46 am »
The only disk UUID in there should be the ones for the running OS.

I wonder if you could have something active for a repository that is looking for a local disk or USB stick (?)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 12:01:09 pm by xilinder »

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2021, 12:28:48 pm »
good question, I have no idea honestly ... I don't even know how to understand if I have this repository that you say ...

xilinder

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2021, 02:55:18 pm »
open dnfdragora, click File, then select Repositories.

As you highlight each of the active repositories, the ones that are checkmarked, then look at the bottom section in 'Meta Link'. If any of them refer to a local disk then uncheck that selection.