Author Topic: Heatsink dual fan configuration  (Read 7922 times)

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Heatsink dual fan configuration
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 06:11:31 pm »
Very odd. Do you have a 2U or 3U heatsink?

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 06:22:01 pm »
I have the 3U, but it is not an exaggerated thing, attention, there is only a little heat but on the top of the Case not on the processor. Obviously if the system feels high CPU temperatures it makes the fan or fans go faster, so there are no problems, only that I wanted to try to get rid of even the little heat that is generated after a few hours of use, which with the high speed fan I can do very well.

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 06:29:34 pm »
If you have a 3U heatsink, then everything is fine. The fan rotates as fast as it needs to. An external fan is nonsense. It's useless.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 04:52:39 am »
Yes, you are right, however, I noticed that by placing the top one in the case, in a suction position, that is, it takes all the hot air that is produced inside and throws it out, the system always remains cool even after a few hours of use and therefore there is a general improvement in heat dissipation. In my opinion, if I find a fan that runs at full speed like this but that is more silent, I arrange everything better.

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 11:30:07 am »
Warm air rises to the top.

Push-pull configuration:
Front/Bottom: Pushes air to mainboard
Top/back: Pulls the air away from the mainbaord

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 10:51:06 am »
After a few days of testing I realized that with the intake fan, the one mounted in the case, the upper part no longer heats even the little that it heated before after a few hours of use. I connected it directly to the 12 volt of the second 4-pin molex connector that comes out of the power supply for the CPU. Since we have a CPU on the Blackbird, the second connector remains free and usable. The only problem is the noise going at maximum speed in the case of this fan that I had inside. I then purchased a quality fan or a much quieter Noctua NF-A9 and with the possibility of using it at a lower speed but always higher than that which the Blackbird gives when switching the speed after loading the petit boot. I'll mount it later and see how it goes but I'm sure that in this way I have the best solution ever.

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2020, 12:24:30 pm »
You don't need the maximum spped. The fans are rotating as fast as needed ...

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 04:33:03 pm »
Yes, I know, when they need to increase their speed, the problem was that by sticking at low speed all the time, they made it warm up a bit in the upper part of the case. Now it does not happen anymore because this fan is more adequate in size and I turn it at a constant average speed and in this way it goes great and makes to dispose of the little heat that was formed before.