Author Topic: Slackware64-Current  (Read 12762 times)

Logout

• View Profile
    • VivaPowerPC
Re: Slackware64-Current
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2021, 08:32:32 am »
Wonderful! So the fastest and most convenient way to check for missing libraries will for me be downloading new ISO and reinstalling, since I didn't do much in the fresh install yesterday. Again, thanks for all the slacks!
VivaPowerPC / 8-core Blackbird, 32 GB RAM, Radeon HD 5450, 1 TB NVMe, Void Linux

bw42

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2021, 08:48:16 am »
Running a slackpkg install-new should also list things that aren't installed.

As a heads up if you use sbopkg or download slackbuilds, you might want to add a ppc64le section to the $ARCH portion of the .SlackBuild file.
Without adding it the scripts tend to try installing libraries in the /usr/lib and /lib folders instead of /lib64 and /usr/lib64

Usually just adding something like the below right before the else section works to make it work like Slackware64.

elif [ "$ARCH" = "ppc64le" ]; then
  SLKCFLAGS="-O2"
  LIBDIRSUFFIX="64"

Logout

• View Profile
    • VivaPowerPC
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2021, 01:20:19 am »
I will write about it more in detail on vivaPowerPC, but I decided to put things I slackbuild for my machine on the server for others. I try to mimick well known structure of Alien's SlackBuilds as much as possible.
There are only few packages there, well I just started, SlackBuild scripts have the ppc64le section added and if possible I try to build from as fresh versions as possible. The source package used to build is also in the build folder.
I'm adding single line with my contact to every SlackBuild script, so people can send curses directly to me and not to the original maintainer.

If anyone of you is brave enough: http://vivapowerpc.eu/software/SlackBuilds/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 01:53:35 pm by Logout »
VivaPowerPC / 8-core Blackbird, 32 GB RAM, Radeon HD 5450, 1 TB NVMe, Void Linux