General OpenPOWER Hardware > General CPU Discussion

CPU Performance DD2.2 vs DD2.3 (v2)

<< < (2/2)

Borley:

--- Quote from: ClassicHasClass on May 03, 2020, 06:07:58 pm ---I'd strongly recommend you were on at least system package 2.00 for DD2.3, yes. It might be glitchy on earlier releases.

--- End quote ---

It has been largely running fine since installed, aside from that odd 2x cold boot. I am hesitant to upgrade the firmware as there is [still] no really clear procedure and I don't have the spare equipment to remediate if anything goes wrong.

surf:

--- Quote from: Borley on May 05, 2020, 07:06:17 am ---I am hesitant to upgrade the firmware... 
--- End quote ---

I wonder if Raptor would burn some flash chips and mail them?  Then you could literally swap out the firmware, and swap back if needed...

ClassicHasClass:

--- Quote ---as there is (still) no really clear procedure
--- End quote ---

How do you mean? It's mostly upload the new BMC flash, note the MAC addresses, let it reset itself, reset the MAC addresses to their prior values, and then update the PNOR.

tle:

--- Quote from: MPC7500 on May 03, 2020, 07:11:47 pm ---Isn't hardinfo available on Fedora?

--- End quote ---

AFIK the hardinfo RPM was dropped from the main repo tree few years ago.

And I did not have much luck with compiling it. I've lodged a ticket at https://github.com/lpereira/hardinfo/issues/539

I got it working :D, the patch for Fedora 32 from me https://github.com/lpereira/hardinfo/pull/540

Borley:

--- Quote from: ClassicHasClass on May 05, 2020, 11:03:53 pm ---How do you mean? It's mostly upload the new BMC flash, note the MAC addresses, let it reset itself, reset the MAC addresses to their prior values, and then update the PNOR.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, it's been a long time since I checked the information. I just recall seeing a lot of WIP discussion at the time and decided to take the conservative approach.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version