Author Topic: [NEWS] Fedora 32 is released  (Read 12644 times)

tle

• View Profile
    • Trung's Personal Website
Re: [NEWS] Fedora 32 is released
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 05:20:36 am »
I downloaded the Fedora 32 ppc64el Workstation image (from here) but got "kernel error" when I tried to load it via Petitboot—anyone else notice the same?

An Ubuntu Server 20.04 image worked fine.

Does it happen with the Server edition? For my case I upgraded from Fedora 31 so I am unsure.
Faithful Linux enthusiast

My Raptor Blackbird

tle

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 07:23:49 am »
Excuse me, but does the DNFDragora 32 update application work for you? I don't like it, when I open it, it fills a lower bar that shows the applications that there are to update but it doesn't do anything, nothing appears in the list, you can't interact with any button of the application and when it finishes scrolling this lower blue bar, the application closes by itself and doesn't update anything. As a matter of fact, if I reopen DNFDragora, I find new applications to update and it does the same things it did before... There's a bug in Fedora 32's DNFDragora as well?

I can confirm that the app works fine for me.

My Raptor Blackbird

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 01:21:47 pm »
No, the list of updates no longer appears to me, I don't know at this point if the fault lies with the fact that I have to use the Kernel 5.5..0.RC1 + to make the Navi 10 work and that on the new Kernels it still doesn't work unfortunately ... If they don't fix the bug for Navi 10 first, I can't use the new Fedora 32 Kernel ...

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 07:44:52 pm »
Works fine for me, too. Kernel 5.4.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2020, 06:44:45 am »
MPC sorry but are you by chance using Kernel 5.4.0.2 what time ago Merklot posted and that was already Fedora 32? I before using the 5.5.0.rc1 + I installed that and it was fine as well with Navi patch, in case I never install that too ...

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 07:25:19 am »
Yes, it's the patched Kernel. 5.4 works, 5.6 works. I hardly guess 5.5 works, too.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2020, 08:17:41 am »
ok then I will also put that Kernel at the moment, I had already used it before, it works well. Thanks, tonight I'll install it.

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2020, 08:41:20 am »
I guess, this won't solve your problem ...

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2020, 12:41:37 pm »
I tried to reinstall all Fedora, until now the update I had done on a secondary Hardisk and then I did the update on this to do all the tests, I put the Kernel 5.4.0.2 but the dnfDragora problem does not change, always the same! I honestly don't understand what the hell it has, I haven't touched anything from 31 to 32 and yet it doesn't work anymore! No button is available apart from TERMINA and nothing appears in the list ...! I can't understand why it works for you and not for me, is there any option to touch on Fedora 32 that I don't know? I'm not really understanding anything ...!

tle

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2020, 02:33:10 am »
I tried to reinstall all Fedora, until now the update I had done on a secondary Hardisk and then I did the update on this to do all the tests, I put the Kernel 5.4.0.2 but the dnfDragora problem does not change, always the same! I honestly don't understand what the hell it has, I haven't touched anything from 31 to 32 and yet it doesn't work anymore! No button is available apart from TERMINA and nothing appears in the list ...! I can't understand why it works for you and not for me, is there any option to touch on Fedora 32 that I don't know? I'm not really understanding anything ...!

I do not know for sure. I highly recommend you try to install Fedora 32 under a VM (libvirt/qemu/kvm) and see if dnfDragora works with stock configuration.

My Raptor Blackbird

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2020, 05:14:11 am »
Hi, sorry what do you mean to install Fedora on a VM? What exactly is it? I'm not a Linux expert ...

tle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2020, 05:48:40 am »
Hi, sorry what do you mean to install Fedora on a VM? What exactly is it? I'm not a Linux expert ...

I was implying about installing Fedora virtual machine with libvirt/kvm/qemu. You can check out virt-manager if you are after an intuitive GUI

My Raptor Blackbird

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2020, 06:48:26 am »
TLE, I have no installation problems because I already use 2 separate and separate Hardisks, one is an SSD where I use the main one and then a spare mechanic that I need to do tests like this that I did or test Fedora 32 before this and then when I saw that it's okay, I update the first one or SSD. Only at the moment I am seeing that this Fedora 32 has 2 problems, the first is that Kernel 5.6 has a bug to make Navi10 work which causes it not to work completely, now it is out 5.6.10 but the problem persists, the developers to date they are still not applying the correction published by Daniel and it is not known when they will. The second problem is that dnfdragora does not work for me personally and this is very strange because it works for you and it doesn't for me and I would like to understand why. I tried to contact the Fedora team to let them know about these problems but I did not find anything in the contacts that leads to writing a simple e-mail to warn them of the situation!

MPC7500

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2020, 08:24:14 am »
You could try to re-install dnfdragora. BTW, if the Software Center works, you don't need dnfdragora.

MauryG5

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2020, 10:27:28 am »
Software Center works, in fact some updates if you do them from that and actually does not need dnfdragora, the fact remains that it is very strange that it does not work for me and you do, I have not done anything different from you. Except that I was thinking, the problem lies in the Server version. It seems to me that you are already using the workstation version while I use the Server version then with the addition of the graphical interface and maybe that's the problem. The server version has dnfdragora with a bug and therefore does not work properly and if not before they correct it it will never work. So Kernel 5.5 had nothing to do with the problem, I thought about the kernel at the beginning because I saw that the only difference between mine and MPC's was this but then I saw that both MPC and others, you are using the workstation version and therefore I deduce that the problem is in the Server version. Do you know how to contact Fedora staff to report this? I have not found direct contacts ...