OpenPOWER ISA > General Discussion

The pride of being Power!

<< < (3/6) > >>

AbstractConcept:

--- Quote from: MauryG5 on March 17, 2020, 05:51:11 am ---…  I have always been a supporter of the X86 alternatives, mine is also a battle against [the popular assumption] that X86, just because it is the most used, means that it is the best.

--- End quote ---

I can certainly understand that. There are many less-popular specifications, from SAS to DisplayPort to IEEE-1394/FireWire/i.link that I find myself sympathetic to, where much of the opposition seems to be due to existing popularity/install-base. I only hope Power ISA’s future is more like DisplayPort than FireWire.

It looks like the USA have different policies per-state, but Illinois (where I think Raptor is based) does have computer companies marked as exempt from the stay-at-home order, in Section 1 Subsection 12.n.
https://www2.illinois.gov/Pages/Executive-Orders/ExecutiveOrder2020-10.aspx

MauryG5:
Of course, the production and shipping of COVID-19 in this period also becomes a serious problem for Raptor, also in Italy in Italy they have closed almost everything except the essential companies and others converted to the production of protective masks. Except that if I'm not mistaken, the production plant, Raptor has it in Texas so maybe they don't have any particular restrictions yet but I don't know what kind of situation is in Texas currently ...

MPC7500:

--- Quote from: AbstractConcept on March 31, 2020, 07:59:14 pm ---There are many less-popular specifications, from SAS to DisplayPort to IEEE-1394/FireWire/i.link that I find myself sympathetic to, where much of the opposition seems to be due to existing popularity/install-base. I only hope Power ISA’s future is more like DisplayPort than FireWire.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I like IEEE1394 (in 2005 we produced FB6000 from Stryker, which was/is used for brain surgery. This board also used 1394b.) pretty much. Sadly, FW3200 never apeared in the mainstream. NuBus was also very cool back in that date.

ClassicHasClass:
I just got shipping notification on my dual-8 second Talos II system, so they're definitely getting stuff out as parts come in.

MPC7500:
That are great news for us and Raptor, too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version