Third Party Hardware > GPU Compute / Accelerators

AMD Pro W7xxx series is out folks!

(1/3) > >>

tle:
The RDNA3-based Pro mid range GPU from AMD has been announced.

Both W7500 and W7600 can do AV1 encode/decode and are certified to run pro apps.

I am eyeing the W7500 as it does not require additional power draw. Plus it is a single slot
profile so it might just fit it my tight computer case.

The only thing I am unsure is how well amdgpu in Linux 6.4 or 6.5 supports Navi 33

Source: https://www.anandtech.com/show/19993/amd-announces-radeon-pro-w7600-w7500

lepidotos:
Even if amd64 amdgpu supports it, ppc64le might not. That was a big problem with Navi 2x, and even after 23 was enabled 22 and 21 weren't necessarily, at least not in 2022 they weren't -- they might be now. Still, it seems pretty exciting and I bet both are a good experience. Love how powerful they both are for a single slot card, though, and hopefully there's even a 7-class card in single slot one day.

power9mm:
yeah i'd like to get the w7600. Should be good enough for the few games that can run on POWER

Hasturtium:
It’s a step up from the RX 6600, which has been a rock star in ppc64le since kernel 6.1. Until somebody takes a gamble on RNDA3 on the platform I guess this will remain a mystery.

Elsewhere, I wonder when Intel’s xe driver will be mainlined…

MPC7500:
Why a W7600 and not a RX7600XT?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version