Raptor Computing Systems Hardware > Blackbird

OpenBMC reporting critical error Proc.FSI.Error.MasterDetectionFailure

<< < (2/2)

r34per:

--- Quote from: cy384 on May 04, 2023, 07:15:15 pm ---I got this error in my Blackbird's BMC log when there was a brief (like one second) power outage (brownout maybe?) last week.

--- End quote ---

That could be what's happening to mine too when I think about. Brief brown-outs aren't uncommon when it's windy or stormy, which it has been when it happened. I should probably invest in a UPS for it and see if it still gives me any trouble. I'll try MPC7500's suggestions too, thanks for the help!

Borley:
These events have also been showing in the 'Server Health' section of my BMC web panel. Just four marked from 2020, and two more recent from December 2023.

--- Code: ---org.Open_power.Proc.FSI.Error.MasterDetectionFailure
CALLOUT_DEVICE_PATH=/sys/devices/platform/gpio-fsi/fsi0/slave@00:00/raw CALLOUT_ERRNO=0_PID=4612
--- End code ---

My system has been fine, other than occasionally booting without properly setting RTC time to the host (same issue that ClassicHasClass has been seeing?)

If this is power outage related, that would make sense since, through 2020, I unknowingly had my Blackbird on a bad uninterruptible power supply. Then later had it in a location prone to outages before replacing the UPS.

If these logs are nothing critical, they should be safe to clear from the log?

Hasturtium:
If you believe you've determined the cause, I don't see a reason to keep the error messages around for further investigation. Good work troubleshooting it.

ClassicHasClass:

--- Quote from: Borley on January 03, 2024, 05:58:34 pm ---My system has been fine, other than occasionally booting without properly setting RTC time to the host (same issue that ClassicHasClass has been seeing?)

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm trying to do more research on that. I'm assuming the BMC settings just got whacked given that the password was also scrambled but it still seems an odd failure mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version