Raptor Computing Systems Hardware > Blackbird

Blackbird Cooling

<< < (3/3)

r34per:
sorry to necro this thread, but where did you get those heatsinks from @cy384? I plan on trying a 16 core cpu in my blackbird and those heatsinks look like they'd work pretty well with my fan setup

cy384:

--- Quote from: r34per on August 04, 2023, 01:51:54 pm ---sorry to necro this thread, but where did you get those heatsinks from @cy384? I plan on trying a 16 core cpu in my blackbird and those heatsinks look like they'd work pretty well with my fan setup

--- End quote ---

I used this double sided thermal tape and these 6.5mm x 6.5mm heatsinks, but they're both just chinese generic parts, probably easy to find many different "brands" on ebay or amazon or whatever.  I used a flathead screwdriver to spread the tines of the heatsinks a bit.

I changed around my fan setup so they get more air flow, but the power area still gets really hot and I don't think the power/thermal management stuff is being run optimally.  Fortunately/unfortunately it works well enough that I don't want to spend more time messing with it!

r34per:
Gotcha, thanks! Also your post about recompiling the firmware with additional WOF tables was a huge help for me! I bought the same 16 core cpu as you and after following what you did the errors cleared out in openbmc. No way I would have figured that out myself ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version