Software > User Zone

Calling for gaming experiences

(1/9) > >>

Borley:
If you have gotten any games up and running on your Power9 systems, please share anything about the experience here. I have been slowly compiling compatibility for various works and so far we have already evaluated: see wiki

Still need to check:

Evolution RTS
XEMU
Flare
Speed Dreams
OpenTomb
OpenMW
Colobot
Berusky
Pioneer
The Dark Mod
MegaGlest
UFO:AI
Terminal Overload
Yo Frankie!
Unvanquished
Red Eclipse 2
Rigs of Rods
Yorg
Oolite
Ryzom (Build resources for anyone interested. I have tried and failed several times so I might be in over my head on this one. But it would be really good to have as it is an active commercial title.)
PPSSPP

Really, anything from Libre Game Wiki or Open Source Game Clones. Although I have been biasing my tests toward games that have a general sense of visual polish and professionalism. I feel this information would be good to have for fence sitters deciding whether or not to go for an open power system.

Testing is slow going, since I don't yet have my second board and my only one is currently my production environment that I rely on for work and necessities.

ClassicHasClass:
Tremulous works, at least single-player; it's even an RPM for Fedora.

MauryG5:
Raptor says Unrial Tournament 4 works fine too, only when TLE tried to compile it, it failed and says it lacks documentation. Nobody can do this to bring this game to our Power9 systems? On you tube you see a demo that runs on Power 8, so if it runs on that, I wonder why we haven't run it on Power9 yet ... A bit paradoxical I would say ...

MPC7500:

--- Quote ---Important: All of the links below for source download will return 404 unless you are logged in to GitHub with the account that has source code access enabled.
--- End quote ---

https://wiki.raptorcs.com/wiki/Software/ThirdParty/Guides/Epic/UnrealEngine

Borley:

--- Quote from: ClassicHasClass on April 09, 2022, 08:36:24 pm ---Tremulous works, at least single-player; it's even an RPM for Fedora.

--- End quote ---

Throwing it up on the wiki now. What Fedora release were you on when you ran it? Also assuming you ran that on your Talos with GPU and not the Blackbird w/ AST from your articles.

--- Quote from: MPC7500 on April 10, 2022, 07:42:22 pm ---

--- Quote ---Important: All of the links below for source download will return 404 unless you are logged in to GitHub with the account that has source code access enabled.
--- End quote ---

https://wiki.raptorcs.com/wiki/Software/ThirdParty/Guides/Epic/UnrealEngine

--- End quote ---

This is the only complication with Unreal Tournament: "You will need to set up an account with Epic / GitHub and accept the EULA terms for access to the source code to continue."
Otherwise I have no problem with nonfree assets, as long as the code is accessible to build.

OSGameClones is also another good resource of games to try building.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version