Third Party Hardware > GPU Compute / Accelerators

powerxcell 8i

<< < (2/4) > >>

nglevin:
PXCAB is the IBM reference design that the card was derived from, so that should work perfectly.

Unicamp has a mirror of drivers for the PXCAB, which match some of the bits from the manual's Appendix A; http://ftp.unicamp.br/pub/linuxpatch/pxcab/Fedora7/ppc64/

I believe Appendix A is only necessary if you'd rather run Fedora 7 or another Fedora 7 derivative instead of YDL... which is itself a Fedora/RHEL derived distro. I'd imagine YDL is better supported for the card, as Fixstars bought the Yellow Dog folks, but you never know...

EDIT: It also looks like pxcab-pcie-driver-1.1.0-0.src.rpm from the Unicamp mirror has all the GPLed source code for PCIe drivers mentioned in Section 7 (apnet and axon via triblade), so I guess I was mistaken! There might be a shot at getting all this running.

nglevin:
For future generations, attaching the manual that I've been referencing this whole time.

MPC7500:
Installation and User's Guide
Problem Determination and Service Guide

THEkitchenSINK:
now that i have the driver make files i have to install ydl on my g5quad to test will get back to you with more

plus i am thinking of testing in my razer core v1 but i doubt it will work
i wanted to share the tarball of the driver sauce and make file

well its in the src img

THEkitchenSINK:
got the card running in the g5 quad with fedora 7 and ydl will be attempting to build the pcie tcpip driver soon seems to work and now i need to install a os to the card but hoooooooooo yeah its working

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version