General OpenPOWER Hardware > General CPU Discussion

POWER9 water cooling kit

<< < (2/6) > >>

q66:
nice, but a 4U air cooler with 120mm fan(s) would likely be both easier to design and more useful for most users...

MPC7500:
This is really, really, really great. Is it a complete new development or an adapter for existing cooling solutions for e.g. LGA-2066 water cooling sets?

Anyway, I really appreciate your work.

I am looking forward to your OpenPOWER store.

pocock:
Instead of using radiator fans on the water cooling circuit, are there any external chiller or heat pump options that could reduce overall heat emission, even if they don't reduce net noise emissions a lot?  This type of option requires a way to dump the heat, much the same way a split-system air conditioner moves heat to the outdoor component.

vikings.thum:
Here's a draft for a POWER9 water cooler. The base plate is made of nickel-plated copper.

pocock:
Looks really interesting.

Will the connections rotate?  It could be helpful for getting the best pipe routing.

I had been looking for companies that do this, I found this company, Optimus Water Cooling are close to Raptor in Chicago.

Then there is Ice Giant in Texas, maybe not far from the location where the motherboards are manufactured.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version