Software > Operating Systems and Porting

[NEWS] Fedora 32 is released

<< < (2/12) > >>

MPC7500:
The patch is included in Kernel 5.6, but it is broken. q66 submitted a fix a few days ago. Now AMD has applied it. It will be included in the next 5.6.x releases.

MauryG5:
Here I had imagined that they had implemented it as standard. Do you mean that AMD itself took care of making this fix? This is a really nice thing. Currently I have seen that the version of Kernel available is 5.6.7 do you know if up to this version there is a bug?

For the rest it's great news, it means that as soon as they fix it, we will have the default patch and you don't need to do the whole procedure anymore, really great news, just set up Xorg as we currently have it and I'm done.
Fedora is truly fanstastic, proving once again the best, especially for us at Power, really fabulous!

q66:
No, I made the fix, and submitted it to the kernel. AMD then accepted and merged it. Void Linux ships the fix ahead of time (included in 5.6.8 there) but other distros are free to pick it up if they want to. Or eventually, it'll appear in some 5.6 bugfix release, I don't know which.

MauryG5:
hello Q66, I'm finding that in any case, the Kernel version 5.6.7 of Fedora, just doesn't work completely. It is not just a patch problem but the whole Kernel that does not start. I did the Fedora update and I successfully switched to version 32 but as Kernel I always use the modified 5.5.0.rc1 + otherwise it doesn't work completely. I had already noticed with Fedora 31 that this Kernel does not work completely. in fact I believe that the Fedora team must hurry to fix the bug ...

MauryG5:
guys the 5.6.8 kernel has arrived, too bad that for me personally, it still doesn't work! I have regularly updated Fedora like everyone else but since Kernel 5.6.7, Fedora 31, it no longer works. How's the situation going? Can I believe that something I don't know is missing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version